Jordin Sparks Looking Incredible On Women's Running May Cover! Jordin Loss Nearly Fifty Pounds!



American Idol alum Jordin Sparks looks incredible as Women's Running's May cover girl, and ET is inside the slim and toned singer's photo shoot for the fitness mag!

I kind of looked at myself in the mirror and was just like, 'I'm about to turn 21, this should be the best time of my life,'" remembers the now 23-year-old singer of her decision to commit to diet and exercise following a health scare in 2010. In the years since, Jordin has shed nearly fifty pounds from her six-foot frame.

"It started with baby steps," she reveals. "I was jogging. I was walking, which then turned into a little bit more running, which turned into hiking, which turned into finding a trainer, and taking salsa-style Latin dance fitness classes."

Once a slave to her admittedly strong appetite, Jordin explains she couldn't have lost the weight without mastering portion control. Food is incredibly amazing and meant to be enjoyed," says Jordin, who adds she only recently squashed her soda vice and has completely eliminated all soft drinks from her diet.