Los Angeles (CNN) -- A planned Michael Jackson tribute concert, supported by the late pop star's mother and four siblings, was in disarray Thursday amid family squabbling and the apparent failure of promoters to sign any big-name acts so far.
Tickets for the show, scheduled for Cardiff, Wales, in October, were to go on sale Thursday, but instead of providing a link for purchases the promoter's website asked fans to "Please Standby for further announcements."
The head of the British company promoting the concert promised last week it would "feature the world's most amazing music performers." The roster would be revealed online one act at a time over the next 10 days weeks, Global Live Events CEO Chris Hunt told reporters at a July 25 news conference.
"Everybody's in the midst of signing contracts so nothing can be announced until that happens," Juliette Harris, spokeswoman for Global Live Events, told CNN late Tuesday. She suggested an announcement would come Wednesday.
By Thursday, still no acts had been announced.
The problems started soon after brothers Marlon, Tito and Jackie, sister La Toya and family matriarch Katherine Jackson attended the "Michael Forever: The Tribute Concert" announcement at the Beverly Hills Hotel on July 25.
La Toya Jackson said it was "something that's spectacular" while the Jacksons' mother called it "a show fit for a king."
"If my son were here today, he would feel the same way," Katherine Jackson said.
"I know my brother would be very, very proud to see all the artists that he admired and respected so much coming together for this event," Tito Jackson said.
But an hour later, Jermaine and Randy Jackson, the only brothers not at the news conference, issued a sharply worded statement that reflected a deep division within the Jackson family over the show.
"We want to make clear that this does not reflect the position of the entire family," the two brothers said in a joint statement.